Sofia Yousafzai was born in 1967 in Kabul, Afghanistan. Her family is made up of her 3 brothers, 2 sisters and parents. She lived a normal, but risky life. It was ormal as in she did everything anyone else would do, like going to school and going to interesting places and hanging out with friends.
It was a risky life though, as the war in Afghanistan endangered the lives of millions. This caused many citizens to emigrate or escape the country. Sofia moved out of the country with her family to a neighbouring country. She married and moved out to Dubai in the 1990s, and then she moved to Canada in 2012.
Sofia Yousafzai was interviewed for the Oral history project, in March 2015, by her son Bilal Ahmed.
Click next video below to keep watching
- 1. Life before the Soviet Invasion.mp4
- 2. Changes in Family.mp4
- 3. Avoiding the War; Leaving Afghanistan.mp4
- 4. The Impacts of the Russians' Actions.mp4
- 5. Foreigners' Impacts, continued.mp4
- 6. If the War Ended...; Life after Leaving Afghanistan.mp4
- 7. Being a Muslim Woman in Canada.mp4
- 8. Thoughts on War.mp4
- 9. The Challenges of War.mp4