We are now into the second term of our 2018/2019 school year, and while the majority of parents and guardians are to be commended for diligently following the school’s procedures for dropping off and picking up students, there is a minority who requires a reminder of our policies that are in place for the safety of all your children.
Our Crestwood School General information Handbook for Parents and Students, which was given out at the beginning of the school year, clearly defines the procedures.
(If you require a copy, please see Michele or Grace at the front office).
Some points to note on pages 2 and 3 of our handbook that have become a concern include;
The drop-off area is for stopping to let the children out of the car only. The driver should never get out of the car.
- When pulling up at the drop-off area, drive as far ahead as possible to allow cars behind to pull up as well.
- Never let your child out of the vehicle before you have reached the designated drop-off area. Dropping off in any other area causes frustration and slows traffic, but most importantly it is a safety concern.
Junior Pick-Up (Gr. 4 – 6) at the Glendon back parking lot (behind the Junior building … see map)
- Drive to the Glendon back parking lot (behind the Junior building) via Lawrence Avenue. E or the Lawrence Ave. E. access road from the Glendon campus
- Park and exit your vehicle. Collect your child(ren) from the designated Parent area near the back doors.
- DO NOT pick up your child(ren) from the morning Jr Drop-Off area.
- Parents who wish to leave their car to come in and pick up their child early must sign their child out through the office.