Ed Forsyth is a Canadian veteran of WW2, having fought his way through France, the Netherlands, and Germany. We met Ed through the Royal Canadian Legion, where he is a proud member of the Brigadier O.M.Martin Branch at Peard Road. Ed is one of many members at that branch who have taken part in this project. Ed is also working hard to preserve memory too, as he is presently working hard to develop a Wall of Names, where the names of all Canadian soldiers killed in overseas conflicts will be featured.
Ed was interviewed for this project by Mr. Masters in April 2012.
Click next video below to keep watching
- 1. Ed Forsyth - Childhood, the Depression, and School
- 2. Prewar News; Wartime Toronto
- 3. The Armoured Corps; Arrival in England
- 4. Additional Training; Time in England
- 5. Crossing the Channel; Into France
- 6. Combat and Friends
- 7. Keeping in Touch; Rockets
- 8. Interactions with the Dutch
- 9. Crossing the Rhine
- 10. Slave Labour; VE Day
- 11. Building for Meals
- 12. Return to Canada; The Legion
- 13. A Wall of Names