There will be two opportunities for book exchanges in June. In both cases, the school is not involved in any of the prices or negotiations.
The first is a Parent book exchange where parents are able to meet in the cafeteria to sell their books to other parents or to purchase books from other parents. The prices are to be negotiated between the individuals involved. This will take place on Tuesday, June 18th, 2019 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
The second is provided by Alpha Textbooks, our trusted book supplier. They will facilitate our used book exchange to accompany the regular supply of new and used books to the student population. Their book return will take place on Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am and will work as follows:
- Alpha Textbooks staff will take in the books and credit your account accordingly
- When you order your new or used books over the summer the credit will be applied to your order.
- For Grade 12 students and students not returning, Alpha Textbooks will mail you a cheque for the texts returned, or you may call them directly.
- You can also sell your books to Alpha Textbooks anytime at their store located at 3709 Chesswood Drive if you cannot come to the book drop off. Please check their website for seasonal hours.
- Textbooks are usually credited between 40% – 50% of their used value. Paperbacks are usually credited between 10% – 25% of their used value. Books that are heavily worn/damaged would receive a lower value or be rejected completely.
- Alpha Textbooks does not accept any used workbooks.
- It is possible that some of the books used this year will become obsolete or will no longer be used by Crestwood next year. Alpha Textbooks will try to inform you of this information at the time of your book return. These books might not have any resale value.
Last year was a success and we are confident that this system was more efficient and served our population well. If you have any further questions please feel free to email Alpha Textbooks at email@example.com.